It’s important to know who God created you to be. It affects your whole life, the decisions you make and what you choose to believe about who you are. For many years, I struggled with my true identity and with self-confidence, but now, thanks be to God, I know exactly who he created me to be- I am His child, a citizen of heaven. I am accepted by him. I am secure in Him and am significant to Him.
And, so are you.
God looks at different things that the world does or even what we look at. So often we look at the external things that how we look, how much we weigh or how much money we have. Or, perhaps the type of job you have or your status on social media.
Here are 10 of my favorite scriptures that identity what the Bible says about who you are in Christ.
10 Favorite Scriptures
- “For You created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.” Psalm 139: 13-14 NIV
- “From one man he made all the nations, that they should inhabit the whole earth: and He marked out their appointed times in history and the boundaries of their lands.” Acts 17:26 NIV
- “He predestined us to adoption as sons to Himself through Jesus Christ according to the good pleasure of His will,” Ephesians 1:5 MEV
- “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you; and before you were born I sanctified you, and I ordained you a prophet to the nations.” Jeremiah 1:4 MEV
- “The steps of a man are made firm by the Lord; He delights in his way. Though He falls, he will not be hurled down, for the Lord supports him with His hand.” Psalm 37:23-24 MEV
- “There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, who walk not according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has set me free from the law of sin and death.” Romans 8:1-2 MEV
- “He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.” Psalm 91:4 NIV
- “But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ, Who, by the power that enables him to bring everything under his control, will transform our lowly bodies so that they will be like his glorious body.” Philippians 3:20-21 NIV
- “Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God.” 2 Corinthians 1: 3-4 NIV
- “Both the one who makes people holy and those who are made holy are of the same family. So Jesus is not ashamed to call them brothers and sisters. He says, “I will declare your name to my brothers and sisters; in the assembly I will sing your praises.” Hebrews 2:11-12 NIV
No matter what you have done, God loves you. He is your Heavenly Father and He loves you. Moreover, there is nothing you can ever do to earn his love, grace or forgiveness. it is freely given. You just have to accept it. Know who God created YOU to be by looking at the scriptures above. However, there are many more scriptures that speak to who God created you to be. After all, he sent His own son to die for your sins. No one could possibly love you more than that.
If you want to find out more about who God created you to be, check out my guided prayer journal- Discover Your True Identity: A 52 Guided Prayer Journal
This site may contain links to affiliate websites including Amazon and I will receive an affiliate commission for any purchases made by you using such links but at no additional cost to you.